Friday, June 24, 2005

InVision: It keeps you going.

I have recently taken on a second job to bring in more income. It can be challenging, let alone tiring, to do home improvement after working for 8 hours sitting at a desk job. Although I enjoy doing the work, I would rather be at home, sitting on the sofa and watching HGTV.

Why do I do it? What keeps me going? My InVision for success and prosperity. I want all of my family's needs to be met. I'm not talking about being greedy; I'm talking about having enough for us and plenty to share.

But my focus is not on things; I am focusing on my vision. The biblical character Job was known for having great wealth, but he was known by God for his righteousness and integrity. As long as we live righteously and with integrity we will find ourselves succesful. Proverbs 22:4 states: By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, honor and life.

Humility and the fear of the Lord are key ingredients for success. Success is often measured by things and titles accumulated, but Job's greatest honor came from God when He said, "Have you considered my servant Job?" This is the prize that keeps me going; I want to have God say about me, " Have you considered my servant..."

No comments: